Your love and amazing support towards our brand spanking new products has been super overwhelming! We cannot contain our excitement for y’all to experience more new collections coming holiday season! Today’s read is for all you guys out there, fighting terrible-dry skin.
We all know and experience dry skin during the transitional seasons from fall to winter, most skin types start flaking, drying up and, cause a lot of discomfort and embarrassment. We’re going to help you tackle this problem with some super simple yet useful ways!
Without further ado, let’s dive straight into the very best skin care routine for dry skin during winters! Let’s get one thing straight people with dry skin always struggle to maintain skin hydration levels properly throughout the day. To prevent your skin from feeling dry, flaky, and uncomfortable by the end of the day, you need a skin care routine that helps it hold onto moisture.
In this read today, we’re covering skin care routines for day and night! Let’s get on to it!
- Skin Care During The Day For Dry Skin:
It is super important to take good care of your skin before you step out of your house, especially when you’re fighting dry skin! These few steps help fight pollution, UV rays, dust, dirt etc.
- CLEANSE: Cleansing is by far the most important process to be followed in skin care, irrespective of your skin type. It ensures clean, supple, translucent skin. Use a mild, hydrating, super gentle cleanser to get rid of your dry flaky skin and restore moisture.
- SERUM APPLICATION: The world is still not completely exposed to the amazing benefits of using a serum. It is one of the best ways to achieve a healthy, dewy skin. Serum works as a shield against numerous environmental factors and is rich in antioxidants hence prevents damage as you step out!
- MOISTURIZE: For all those who didn’t know, always moisturize your skin within 3 minutes of face wash. Using a moisturiser on damp skin helps you stay hydrated throughout the day and also acts as a binder between your makeup/primer! Choose a hydrating moisturiser for best results!
- PROTECTION AGAINST SUN/UV RAYS: As you step out your cosy home, always remember, vitamin D is good for your health unfortunately UV rays are bad. Sun can also lead to tanning, rashes etc and calls out for help. Use a sun protection/sunscreen lotion with a minimum of SPF 30!
These are BASIC steps one must follow and post these steps makeup or anything else can be done.
Now that you’re taken care of in the morning, let’s dive into the night routine! Well, we believe this routine can also lead you to a deep, sound sleep as the steps imitate the effects of a spa quality soothing session!
- Skin Care During The Night For Dry Skin:
Did you know, your cells re-energise during the night. It is time to wipe off all the tiredness and take care of the damage caused. Night brings a sense of calm, and the following steps ensure healthy, beautiful skin!
- CLEANSE ALL THE DIRT/MAKEUP: As we mentioned before, cleansing has always been a top priority, and the most effective step of any skin care routine. Ensure that you clean all the products applied, dirt, dust, tiredness and all the makeup used through the day. Sleeping with makeup on is supremely harmful for your skin. It prevents your skin from breathing and creates clogged pores! Use an oil-based make up remover or wipes to cleanse.
- CLEANSE YOUR FACE: Once you get rid of all the products ensure you cleanse your skin with your hydrating face cleanser, mostly water based! This will allow you to get rid of any more leftover dirt/makeup residue leaving your skin naked and super pure.
- EXFOLIATE: Exfoliation before sleeping can literally be a game changer. For all those who aren’t aware, exfoliating or scrubbing helps get rid of dead skin cells and makes your skin smooth and soft. Always use a moisturizing face scrub or exfoliant to clean your face.
- HYDRATE: The first three steps are bound to strip you off natural moisture and it is important to revert it back. Use a hydrating mist to give your skin the required moisture, this also helps in preparing your skin to absorb rest of the skin products!
- APPLY A NIGHT CREAM/SLEEPING MASK: This is the final step to your night skin care. It locks in all the goodness from the products and allows it to replenish over night, prepping for the next day, adds glow and a healthy dewiness!
Phew! Supremely long read, we get it! But, trust the process it all works! We hope this read has helped you learn something. It’s time to gear up for the winters, wipe the insecurities of dry skin away and embrace your confident healthy glow! Cheers!