With every soul trying to be fit in the super fast paced world today, we try our level best to try to stay in control.
We control our intake, calories, carbs, take stairs instead of elevators etc! Sometimes all these efforts go to vain, due to sudden hunger pangs, missing workout, or even just plain laziness! There’s absolutely no need to get disheartened, there are many ways to get into your desired shape, BUT with patience and hard work! One super effective way that the world has discovered is Intermittent Fasting (IF)
For all those who do not know what IF is, allow us to break it down for you! It is currently one of the world’s most popular health/fitness trends! Studies show that the plan has super effective results on one’s body and health! It helps promote weight loss, boosts metabolism and also simplifies lifestyle! Fasting has been a practice throughout human evolution. Ancient hunter-gatherers didn't have supermarkets, refrigerators or food available year-round. Sometimes they couldn't find anything to eat. As a result, humans evolved to be able to function without food for extended periods of time. In fact, fasting from time to time is more natural than always eating 3–4 (or more) meals per day.
Intermitted Fasting is nothing specific, it is simply an eating pattern, and a strong control over food intake!
For all those who are already on the edge of the chair, readily willing to try this out, make sure you choose the right IF plan for yourself! Read on to go through the plans majorly known around the globe.
- 16:8 – This is the most common plan, and mostly followed by many! The plan is easier compared to other plans, and has yield magnificent results! You fast for 16 hours and eat your meals during the remaining 8 hours! For ex: If you eat your breakfast at 9am, you last meal should be by 5pm. Stick to healthy, small meals during your feeding time. Do binge eat on junk, and expect the diet to work!
- 5:2 –This plan is simple to understand, instead of hours you do days! 5 days of the week you eat normally, and on remaining 2 days you maintain a low calorie intake! Women are suggested 500 calories, and men are suggested 600 calories!
- Eat-Stop-Eat 24 hours fast –This is not suggested for beginners, the fast is difficult and should be only taken on with people who’ve fasted before and know that they can carry it out! You can do this once or twice a week, i-e fast for 24 hours, for ex: If you eat your dinner at 7pm, you’re not allowed to eat anything till next day 7pm.
NOTE: Water, Green/White tea, coffee (no sugar), non-caloric beverages are all allowed during your fast time, to prevent hunger and keeps you hydrated.
- Alternate day fast –It simply means fasting every alternate day! You feed a day and you fast the next day! This is for advanced levels only.
- The Warrior Diet –This might come as a huge dream come true, but it is supremely difficult than it sounds. This plan allows you to eat small amounts of raw fruits and veggies through the day, and one huge meal at night! Basically you “fast” through the day, and “feast” at night during a 4 hour eating window!
It is a new age of fitness era, get fit this season. Choose a plan that suits your eating cycle, and get on to it! We hope this read has helped you gain some extra knowledge, and also helped in carving a path to your desired goal!